Saturday 16 June 2012

ZOMG Jeffrey Campbell Shoe Review


Jeffrey Campbell ZOMG Shoe Review 

As soon as I saw these on the Solestruck Coming Soon section I knew I had to get my hands on them! I pre-ordered them about a month before they were available and I sat around eagerly waiting for them to be shipped out and to be honest they are a big disappointment and waste of money.

I sort of feel like Jeffrey Campbell didn't put any thought into this design, because if he/she/they did then they would have realized that your heel slips out of the shoe when you walk. And the fact that they are a very, very narrow fit so even if you ordered up a size the shoe would fit but it would be very big around your heel making it even more impossible to walk in.

So I took a few photos of them to show everyone how small they are (and yes these are meant to be a 7 but look more like a 6!).


I then thought of the brilliant idea of comparing these shoes to my platform converses that I purchased off eBay.


From the side the two shoes look around about the same length (although the JC ZOMG are smaller they are just slightly angled upwards so it looks longer than they are in person - a mistake on my part)


And from the front you can see the true size of these shoes when compared to other platform sneakers - which is actually a big difference. The laces end around the same place and then the JC ZOMG end about a cm before the normal platform sneakers.

If the shipping cost to return this wasn't basically the price of the shoe (damn international shipping) I would definitely send these back without a second thought! But for now these shoes will gather dust in my cupboard.

3 comments:

  1. They look so awesome,shame they are not that great !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it was a real let down, although people with wider feet could probably get away with wearing them.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for this review! It was so helpful, i wasn't sure if i should get this shoe. Everyone on Youtube said it was a great shoe but i noticed in a few of the videos, their heels were slipping out but they never said anything about it.

    ReplyDelete